OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

missing links etc.

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

missing links etc.

Postby spliff » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:22 am

Dear Alec
The recent release of OJS 2.2 was definitely the highlight of the year!
I immediately installed it and run a few tests, everything ok so far. However, a few questions needs to be resolved...
1) Happily I noticed the new feature in "journal subsections" that allows to translate the subsections headings in different languages. However if I switch the language, the links to the pdf files disappear (the abstract links are still working).
2) The German translation gives some messages in the user etc. blocks such as "##plugins.block.user.loggedInAs##" (French and Italian works well).
3) The CMS plugin creates a new table (e.g. to the left) indeed, but when I try to edit it, I get the message
Code: Select all
Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of [runtime function name](). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. in /path/to/my/file/plugins/generic/cms/CmsSettingsForm.inc.php on line 234

I can't see any relevant code on line 234...
4) I also installed Openads on my server, but it seems to me way to complicated to use it in OJS. Is there any further documentation? Would it be possible to integrate GoogleAdsense directly?
Best regards, as ever
spliff

Re: missing links etc.

Postby asmecher » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:27 pm

Hi spliff,

Thanks for the feedback!

1. In OJS 2.2, each galley has a locale associated with it. When listing galleys for readers, the system first checks to see if any galleys exist for the user's current locale; if so, these are used. Then, as a fallback, the system checks to see if there are galleys available in the journal's primary locale. If these aren't getting displayed but you think they should, check your galley locales (as Editor in the "Edit Galley" page), and check your journal's Languages setup to make sure that the available and primary locales are properly chosen.

2. The German translation is unfortunately a little bit behind on translation updates. There is a translation maintenance plugin that you can use to update the translation; if you do so, please consider contributing it back to us. (You'll need to make sure that you have your file permissions on your translation files set so that the web server can write to them; please make sure that this is OK before you spend time entering translated pieces of text, because otherwise you may lose them!)

3. Fixed -- see [url]pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=3195[/url] for a patch. (The fix simply involves removing a "@" symbol from that line. The warning is harmless.)

4. OpenAds is indeed a bit complicated, but it's very comprehensive. We don't currently have a plugin for any other ad systems, but it's certainly possible to come up with one based on the OpenAds plugin currently shipping with OJS 2.2.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby spliff » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:47 am

Hi Alec,

Many thanks!

1. My primary locale is English, in addition I enabled German, French and Italian. Now, if there are no galleys specified for the enabled additional languages, the system should use the galleys for the journal's primary locale, right? If so, it should work in my case ...
check your galley locales (as Editor in the "Edit Galley" page

Do you mean in "Home>User>Editor>Submissions>#XY>Editing"? Here I can switch the language of the galley file, but this is not of much help, since I loose the link to my PDF file in my primary locale...
2. I am going to update and revise the German translation and will of course contribute it back. I will approach you later to get further instructions.
3. Thanks for the patch!
4. Alright, I will try to get a deeper insight in OpenAds...

Best regards
spliff

Postby asmecher » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:01 pm

Hi Spliff,

I think I found the problem in #1 -- try the patch at http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=3200.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby spliff » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:41 am

Dear Alec,

That's it! Many thanks!
The links appear now instead of "PDF" as "PDF (English)", which is not a big problem but kind of unclear for the reader. Is there a way to remove that attribute.
Sorry, always something to complain... :D

Best regards
spliff

Postby asmecher » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:57 am

Hi spliff,

Edit classes/article/ArticleGalley.inc.php and find the function called getGalleyLabel:
        function getGalleyLabel() {
                $label = $this->getLabel();
                if ($this->getLocale() != Locale::getLocale()) {
                        $locales = Locale::getAllLocales();
                        $label .= ' (' . $locales[$this->getLocale()] . ')';
                }
                return $label;
        }
Add one line to change this to:
        function getGalleyLabel() {
                $label = $this->getLabel();
                return $label; // Modified 2007-12-20 to remove the language from galley links
                if ($this->getLocale() != Locale::getLocale()) {
                        $locales = Locale::getAllLocales();
                        $label .= ' (' . $locales[$this->getLocale()] . ')';
                }
                return $label;
        }
(It's best to leave the dead code in place so that the modification is less disruptive to patches you may apply in the future, including possibly a patch to upgrade to a newer release.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby spliff » Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:26 pm

Alec,

Perfect!
Your advice is always inestimable!

Merry Christmas!
spliff

Return to OJS Technical Support