OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

[SOLVED]Online submssion not available

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

[SOLVED]Online submssion not available

Postby paul » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:46 pm

I just installed the OJS (after struggling with the 500 server error). I registered an account, and logged in. But when I tried to test the online submission, I just couldn't find any way to do it. First, you don't see any obvious link for authors to submit manuscripts. So I clicked everywhere and finally found it in About page where I can click the journal name and then see the online submission link. However, after clicking the online submission link, I was taken to Submission page where there are three sub-headings: Online Submissions, Submission Preparation Checklist, and Privacy Statement. Under Online Submission heading, there are two links: log in or register. But I have already been logged in for the journal I selected. I can go nowhere from here.

I may have missed something, or this is a bug. Please help. Many thanks.

Paul
Last edited by paul on Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
paul

Re: Online submssion not available

Postby asmecher » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:24 pm

Hi Paul,

What version of OJS have you installed?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby paul » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:53 am

paul

Postby paul » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:03 am

This could be the problem: The user registration seems to have two categories: one for the site and one for specific journals published on the site. After first registration, I also registered with other journal (I did add a journal to the site as an adminstrator). No matter what do, there is nothing under the heading "My Journal" on the User Home Page.

Thanks.

Paul
paul

Postby asmecher » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:00 am

Hi Paul,

In order to submit an article, you need to be registered as an author. If author self-registration is enabled under Setup, users will be able to choose to register as Authors as part of the registration process. Otherwise, Journal Managers can grant Author roles to users who have already registered by choosing the Author role from Journal Management and selecting Enroll Existing User from the end of the page.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby paul » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:29 am

Thanks Alec.

There is no option to register as an author by looking at the registration form. I also don't see anyway to "make" a registered user as author - I simply don't see any registered users except myself as site admin or journal manager. However, I was able to create new user as author or other roles. Does this sound right to you?

Paul
paul

Postby asmecher » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:42 am

Hi Paul,

It sounds like you haven't enabled author self-registration; check the settings on Journal Setup page 2.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby paul » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:46 am

Hi Alec,

That was the problem. Thank you very much. I think I am getting a grip on it now.

I tested the system with a submission, created editor, section editor, copyeditor, layout editor, and proofreader. I went through the whole process but in the end I didn't see the article published. What went wrong?

Paul
paul

Postby asmecher » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:56 am

Hi Paul,

I'd suggest running through the OJS In An Hour document; it takes you through the process of setting up and publishing an issue step by step.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby paul » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:12 pm

I printed a copy of the document and am reading it. Thank you very much for your time.

Have a great weekend.
paul

Return to OJS Technical Support