OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Purpose of this Project

General inquiries about the PKP.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, vgabler, barbarah, John

Forum rules
Feel free to post general inquiries about the PKP Here. We'll also post notes of interest from time to time. You may also want to check out the PKP blog.

Purpose of this Project

Postby Don Chapman » Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:35 pm

Hi:

I have just become aware of this project. I would like to refer you to my own project at:

http://www.ucfv.bc.ca/aded/encyclopedia/

In particular, there is a listing of Canadian adult education theses. At this point, my own project is pretty rudimentary in terms of design. I would like to move it to a more sophisticated format, perhaps transforming it to a database format. However, I do not have much in the way of technical support.

Is my project the kind of venture that the PKP project is intending to support?

Thanks
Don Chapman
Don Chapman

Digital Library??

Postby ramon » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:59 am

Don,

I'm not sure what the real purpose of your project is. Just looking at the link I can't say for sure... Apparently you're trying to build a digital library, with public access.

If that's the case, you might want to look for DSPACE, or similar software for institutional repositories.

If what you want is a web portal, you might want to check out some CMS like Mambo or Xoops.

But if your interest is in Electronic Publishing of Scientific Journals, then stick with OJS for it provides all the control of the editorial process, but, more importantly, it provides free access to information with tools for readers to have context of their reading.
ramon

Return to General Discussion