OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Help needed to install OJS

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Help needed to install OJS

Postby Arulselvan » Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:38 pm

Apologize for asking the fundamental question, perhaps I don't any other options except this...

I transferred all the files to my webserver. When I started the installation process I encountered this problem:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: loadlocale() in /home/newstabs/www/HTML/14ls/journal/install.php on line 79

(http://www.newstabs.com/14ls/journal/install.php)

A timely help will certainly solves this problem.

Arul
Arulselvan

Postby kevin » Thu Feb 26, 2004 6:17 pm

First, check that the file include/locale.inc.php exists. This file is supposed to be included by include/functions.inc.php

If that file does exist, can you tell me what version of PHP you are running and what the value of the include_path setting is in your php.ini configuration? It's possible that either this setting includes a directory with a different "locale.inc.php" file (so the wrong file gets included) or doesn't include ".".

If you can't or don't want to change your php.ini, you might try changing the line that looks like:

Code: Select all
ini_set("include_path",  dirname(__FILE__) . ":" . ini_get("include_path"));

to

Code: Select all
ini_set("include_path",  dirname(__FILE__) . ":.:" . ini_get("include_path"));

in both install.php and include/common.php
kevin

Installation help

Postby Arulselvan » Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:17 pm

Yes I did, still I am facing the same problem.

As you mentioned, I don't have permission to edit php.ini file.

Error message indicates line 80:

if(isset($locale)) {
// change locale
$HTTP_COOKIE_VARS['journalLocale'] = $locale;
setcookie("journalLocale", $locale);
}

// load language files
loadLocale($HTTP_COOKIE_VARS['journalLocale'], "install"); ===this is 8th line.

What sort modification I need to incorporate?
Arulselvan

Postby kevin » Sat Feb 28, 2004 12:08 am

Yes, "include/locale.inc.php" (which is included by "include/functions.inc.php") is apparently not being included. Do you see an error like "Failed opening 'locale.inc.php' for inclusion" (and similar errors for "validatefunc.inc.php" and "session.inc.php") as well? Or do you just get the "Call to undefined function" error? If you just see this one error, my guess is that you have another file named "locale.inc.php" somewhere -- check if there is more than one file named "locale.inc.php" in your OJS directory or include path.

You might also want to take a look at the contents of "include/locale.inc.php" -- perhaps that file has become empty or corrupted.
kevin

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion