OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Import/Export data

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Import/Export data

Postby carol » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:24 pm

If I try import first time an issue, I found this error:
Code: Select all
One or more errors occurred during import. Please check to ensure that the format of the import file correctly matches the specification. Specific details of the import errors are listed below.

* This plugin does not support the supplied root node "ArticleSet". Please ensure that the file is correctly formed and try again.

And I can't import an article first, because I have to select an issue. I don't have an issue because I can't import an issue!
I have two installations of OJS 2.1.1.0 in two different servers.

If I try import for command line, return this warnings:
Code: Select all
Warning: main(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/jaula/home/www/testeseer/tools/includes/cliTool.inc.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/www:/usr/local/php4:/tmp) in /jaula/home/www/testeseer/tools/importExport.php on line 16

Warning: main(/jaula/home/www/testeseer/tools/includes/cliTool.inc.php): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /jaula/home/www/testeseer/tools/importExport.php on line 16

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/jaula/home/www/testeseer/tools/includes/cliTool.inc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php4/lib/php') in /jaula/home/www/testeseer/tools/importExport.php on line 16

Sorry for my poor english.
carol

Re: Import/Export data

Postby asmecher » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:25 am

Hi Carol,

If you'd like to import a complete issue, you need to start your XML import document with the <issue> node. I'd suggest running your XML through a validator to make sure that it's correct before trying to import; the ArticleSet node, for example, isn't a valid node according to plugins/importexport/native/native.dtd.

The other problem you're having with file permissions and open_basedir is happening because of PHP's security settings. If you're running on your own server, I'd suggest disabling open_basedir for your command-line PHP tool. If not, it's probably best to stick with the web-based import.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby carol » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:53 am

I create the XML file with the plugin (Articles & Issues XML Plugin: Import and export articles and issues). How can I create a right XML with any pluggin?
carol

Postby asmecher » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:09 pm

Hi Carol,

I suspect you exported a document using the PubMed export plugin and tried to import it using the Articles & Issues import/export plugin. The Articles & Issues import/export plugin can only import XML documents in its own format, and the PubMed plugin exports a different and incompatible format.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby carol » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:20 am

I created with the same pluggin that I try import.
carol

Postby asmecher » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:31 pm

Hi Carol,

The first error message you refer to makes reference to "ArticleSet"; this node is never created by the Articles & Issues plugin.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby carol » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:48 pm

Hi! I know what the error means. My doubt is: " How can I create a right XML?". I don't know why this node was created!
Thanks.
carol

Postby asmecher » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:34 am

Hi Carol,

On the "Import/Export Data" page, you're given a list of formats to use, each one using a particular plugin. Each of these speaks a different "language," meaning that if you want to import an article or issue using the "Articles & Issues XML Plugin," it must've been exported using the same plugin or, if you're writing the import XML from scratch, it must conform to the DTD for that plugin (which is in plugins/importexport/native/native.dtd).

The error message says that an unknown node "ArticleSet" was encountered; this node shouldn't appear in an XML document that conforms to the DTD. It does, however, appear in PubMed XML documents, which is why I suspect it was generated using that plugin.

If you're working with XML manually, I'd suggest getting a good XML editor that can validate against DTDs; this will check to make sure that it conforms to the right format before you try importing it.

If you're trying to generate an import document from another data source, the best method will depend on the existing data. I might be able to suggest an approach if you can describe your situation.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support