OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Problems with Database Configuration Page on install

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Problems with Database Configuration Page on install

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:50 am

I am receiving a lot of notices. On the database configuration page of the install, before the title Open Journal Systems: Installation I receive 2 notices.

NOTICE: Undefined index:journalLocale in G:\ojs\install.php on line 80
NOTICE: Use of undefined constant step assumed 'step' in G:\ojs\install.php on line 130.

In Database Configuration next to each option such as Database type, host name, port etc, there is written more of these notices most of them saying "use of undefined constant" and then referring to a line in G:\ojs\install.php.

Can someone please let me know what is going wrong because I can't get past this step in the installation process.

Thank you

Guest message

Postby ramon » Thu Feb 26, 2004 1:26 pm

Where are you trying to install OJS?

It seems to be on a pc...

you need to be running Apache, MySQL and PHP (check the readme file for versions...)
ramon

Postby kevin » Thu Feb 26, 2004 6:06 pm

It sounds like your error_reporting level is set to the most strict level (E_ALL). You can change it in your php.ini configuration to something like "E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE" (this is also the default value if you just comment out that setting).
kevin

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion