OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Two-stage submission and review

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Two-stage submission and review

Postby chrisrust » Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:01 pm

Hi, I'm a new user of OCS
We are running a conference with a two-stage refereeing process - abstracts by December, full papers by March
OCS is very vague about whether you can do this - there are two options that might allow it but neither allows me to define a two-stage reviewing timeline, just a single date.
There is a hint in an early enquiry to this forum that 2-stage process is possible but it's only a hint.
The one-hour guide just seems to repeat what is obvious from the on-screen dialogue
So I'm getting worried as we are approaching the deadline to open for submissions

any suggestions?

regards
Chris
chrisrust

Re: Two-stage submission and review

Postby asmecher » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:29 am

Hi Chris,

The two-stage process is used when you choose "Abstract followed by presentation" in Scheduled Conference Setup on page 2. This turns the submission process into a two-stage process, i.e. first Authors are given the chance to submit a title and abstract, and after the Abstract review round is complete, accepted Authors will be given the chance to submit a full paper for a second round of review.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby chrisrust » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:31 am

Thanks Alex,

I assume that I just set the opening and closing dates for the whole process in the timeline and manage intermediate deadlines offline?

It would be good if the timeline allowed the full timetable to be set up ie:
Call for papers
Abstracts deadline
Final papers deadline
Requested revisions deadline

best regards
Chris
chrisrust

Postby asmecher » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:18 am

Hi Chris,

Agreed, the ability to schedule the full timetable for two-stage reviews would be very handy. We'll be expanding OCS's capabilities considerably with the next release, and I'll make a note to review this request before we close up the development process.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OCS Technical Support