OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Export to METS plugin?

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

Export to METS plugin?

Postby sdellis » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:04 am

At Rutgers University Libraries we're interested in exporting Journals and Articles to our Fedora Repository for archiving and preservation purposes. I think the best way to do this would be through an "Export to METS" plugin, since Fedora currently accepts METS and others may find it useful. We could also write one for FOXML (Fedora's native object XML), but it would lose generality.

My question is whether a METS (or FOXML) Export plugin has or is being developed? I want to reach out to the OJS team before building such a plugin and get their take on the idea.

Much thanks,
Shaun Ellis
sdellis

Re: Export to METS plugin?

Postby asmecher » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:58 am

Hi Shaun,

I turned up a couple threads in this forum relating to METS -- see http://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1884 and http://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=209.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Development