OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

E-mails

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

E-mails

Postby nef » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:25 am

Hi
Is it possible to send a common mail via the OJS-system?
For example a 'call for papers' to registered authors?

Regards
nef

Re: E-mails

Postby ramon » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:22 am

Nef,

There is no simple way to send a message to ALL authors at once.
As General Manager, choose Authors and press the Select all button.

Then press the Send E-mail button.

Write your message and then copy it, to be used in the next author listing pages.

Execute all steps again, for every page you have.

You may change the amount of items per page in the Journal Settings, but I'm not sure how OJS will handle mass mailings.

I believe it will process a batch, preventing it to be detected as spam or a robot...

You can also activate Announcements in OJS, so that you can publish a Call for Papers in your front page.
ramon

Postby nef » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:40 am

If I do it that way does the OJS system then save the emails, and if so, where can I find them again?
nef

Postby asmecher » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:14 am

Hi NEF,

No, only article-related emails are currently logged.

If you want to reach all authors, there's a simple work-around: go to Journal Settings, page 5, and temporarily change the number of items per page to 0. This will cause all entries to be displayed on the same page, so you'll be able to compose a single message to all Authors.

Since OJS doesn't save messages sent in a journal context (as opposed to an article context), I'd suggest CCing yourself and saving a copy of the message in your email client.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support