OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

review request attachment with old review file

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

review request attachment with old review file

Postby enri » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:56 pm

There is a problem with us with Email-Attachment Review Process

In our journal, normally authors submit paper without really removing their information within the paper.
In such situation, We normally upload a revised version to replace that file.

e.g.
original file is 434-869-1-RV.doc
revised file is 434-869-2-RV.doc

Then, we remove the original file in that entry.

However, recently we found that when we are sending reviewer email with the system, the default attachments is still the original file 434-869-1-RV.doc

Is it a bug? Is there any workground available so that the latest submission file can be attached?

Thanks a lot.
enri

Re: review request attachment with old review file

Postby ramon » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:06 am

enri,

OJS 2 is a bit bureaucratic in relation to this.
You need to specify the review version of the file, otherwise it will choose the original file, even though you have uploaded a new one.

How do you remove the original file? You shouldn't need to do this (and if I recall, there's no direct way to do this in the submission review process!)

You could inform your authors, via the Author Guidelines and Submission Preparation Checklist, that they need to remove personal information before submitting their document. Explain how to do it and what are the consequences of not doing so. (this info is also available clicking on "Ensuring a blind-review process", or something like that)

Authors usually follow rules if you stick by them...
ramon

Postby enri » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:34 am

In fact the problem have not solved yet

Let me clarify my problem here.

we have 2 version of the files
original file is 434-869-1-RV.doc
revised file is 434-869-2-RV.doc

When we send the email, we see 434-869-1-RV.doc in the attachment field. (this is the bug)
But at the end the sent version would be the latest revised 434-869-2.RV.doc (this is what we want to show)

Where can I fix the bug? Thanks a lot. :(
enri

Postby asmecher » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:18 pm

Hi enri,

I expect this is caused by a file that has been downloaded from OJS, edited, and re-uploaded. OJS does track the original file name as it appeared on the user's desktop system, so if this name is kept (i.e. 434-869-1-RV.doc), it's possible for the new revision to appear with 434-869-1-RV.doc as the original file name even though the OJS-assigned filename is 434-869-2-RV.doc.

If you can, check the article_files table in MySQL by executing:
Code: Select all
SELECT file_name, original_file_name, file_id FROM article_files WHERE file_name = '434-869-2-RV.doc' AND original_file_name = '434-869-1-RV.doc';
If any results are returned, that will explain the problem.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby enri » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:12 am

I see.

Thanks a lot. :)
enri

Return to OJS Technical Support