OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Reviews accidently rejected

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Reviews accidently rejected

Postby nomeknight » Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:27 pm

Hi,

I had to send different emails to participants whose papers were (a) rejected or (b) accepted as Poster presentations (rather than those accepted as Papers). I composed an email for the Poster presentation acceptances in the same box as the Reject one (erasing the original 'Rejected' email) and thus effectively rejected all of the accepted poster presentations. While they received emails that their posters have been accepted, they will find their abstracts inaccessible on the website as they're labelled 'rejected' on the coordinating site. Is there any way of turning all of these into Accepted papers now? In the "Review submissions" section, they are listed under 'rejected papers' and when I enter each paper, it tells me that the Conference director's decision is that it has been rejected. As a director, should I not be able to get into the system somehow to reverse this decision? If not, is there any other way of having these abstracts reachable by the authors and others on the website?
Website: http://conferences.arts.usyd.edu.au/adm ... .php?cf=14.

Thanks very much,

Naomi
nomeknight

Re: Reviews accidently rejected

Postby asmecher » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:50 pm

Hi Naomi,

When viewing the review, you can see the paper's ID at the end of the URL. To change the reject decision into an accept, execute the following MySQL query:
Code: Select all
UPDATE papers SET accepted='true' WHERE id = (put the ID here);
Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby nomeknight » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:39 pm

Hi,

Thanks again- I'm not sure how to execute a MySQL query though. Could you please instruct me? After that I'm sure I'll catch on!

Cheers,

Naomi
nomeknight

Postby asmecher » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:57 pm

Hi Naomi,

It depends on your server; if you're running your own machine, or if you have SSH access to your server, you should be able to run the "mysql" program directly from the command line. Many shared hosts offer a service called MySQLAdmin via the server's control panel that you can use. Do you know if MySQLAdmin is available on your host?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OCS Technical Support