OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Reviewer Regrets link for editors

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

Reviewer Regrets link for editors

Postby arachne » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:37 pm

Request:

We've found that (what shouldn't have been much of a surprise) reviewers who cannot do a review do not respond by clicking the link and hitting 'regrets' but by simply replying to the email & saying 'no.'

This has caused me much work as Journal Manager because the only way I see to record it properly - as a 'regrets' not a 'cancel' which we treat as different things & for the stats - that I have to log in as them and hit 'regrets' for them.

What would be really great is for our editors to be able to do this themselves, much as they can now record 'Agreed to Review'.

In Peer Review section
in addition to:
Editor To Enter Agreed to Review
- add: 'Regrets - cannot review' (or something similar)

cheers,
arachne
arachne

Re: Reviewer Regrets link for editors

Postby asmecher » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:28 pm

Hi Arachne,

This is already in place in CVS and will be included in the next release this fall.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Development