You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Disable upload features while assigning reviewers

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
The Public Knowledge Project Support Forum is moving to http://forum.pkp.sfu.ca

This forum will be maintained permanently as an archived historical resource, but all new questions should be added to the new forum. Questions will no longer be monitored on this old forum after March 30, 2015.

Disable upload features while assigning reviewers

Postby nnramkumar » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:22 pm

When logged in as a section editor and assigning a reviewer OJS does not let us notify the reviewer unless a review version is in place. We would like to disable this feature. I have been digging around the code but have not had any success. I could set the appropriate flags so that the review version corresponds to the repository link but I am not sure where to do this.

In our implementation when the author submits a paper he/she points to a repository link. The paper is never uploaded on the journal site. We are harvesting metadata from the repository.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Disable upload features while assigning reviewers

Postby asmecher » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:07 pm

Hi Ram,

The relevant checks are in templates/sectionEditor/submission/peerReview.tpl near line 155:
Code: Select all
{elseif $reviewAssignment->getReviewFileId()}
...and classes/submission/sectionEditor/SectionEditorAction.inc.php near line 182:
Code: Select all
 if ($reviewAssignment->getArticleId() == $sectionEditorSubmission->getArticleId() && $reviewAssignment->getReviewFileId()) {
These checks ensure that a review version is in place using the getReviewFileId() function before the reviewer can be notified about the review.

Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Return to OJS Development