OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

can i change the name of the role in the journal?

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

can i change the name of the role in the journal?

Postby phoenixsunny » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:07 am

hello

I have some problems when configure the system.

1.Can I change the name of the role in the journal,just like change the "section editor" to "corresponding editor"?
2.How to configure the email sever ? in the configure php file ? so that no matter who the role is ,the person who recerive the email will see the sender is the same person ?
3.Is there some restriction to make sure that if the 3 of 5 reveiwers do not agree,the section editor can not prove the submission ?
4.I do not need the copy right editor,layout editor ,can i delete the corresponding process ?

thanks so much ~~~~~~~~
phoenixsunny

Re: can i change the name of the role in the journal?

Postby asmecher » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:06 am

Hi phoenixsunny,

1. Modify the names of the roles in the locale file, e.g. locale/en_US/locale.xml for English. Search for section editor and change it in the key values wherever needed.

2. Are you sure you want all emails to appear to come from the same user? Many emails are not sent by the journal team, e.g. the Author or Reviewer responding to the Editor.

3. The Editor is currently responsible for reviewing the reviewer responses. The editor is free to make a decision regardless of the reviewer recommendations, and we don't currently have plans to change that as it makes sense for the majority of journals.

4. You can disable the separate roles in Journal Setup, and if you don't intend to use e.g. the Copyediting process, it's not required that you fill it out.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby phoenixsunny » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:51 am

Thanks so much.I have already modified the role name according to your opinion.
but the second question, how can i configure the journal team email?
in the congifure php file ?just like below ??
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Email Settings ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

[email]

; Use SMTP for sending mail instead of mail()
; smtp = On

; SMTP server settings
; smtp_server = ?????????????
; smtp_port = 25

; Enable SMTP authentication
; Supported mechanisms: PLAIN, LOGIN, CRAM-MD5, and DIGEST-MD5
; smtp_auth = PLAIN
; smtp_username = ????????
; smtp_password = ????????

and how can I disable seperate roles ???

thanks again
phoenixsunny

Postby asmecher » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:40 am

Hi phoenixsunny,

Is it the bounce address (aka envelope sender) that you want to change? If so, you need to enable the "allow_envelope_sender" option in config.inc.php and enter a bounce address in Setup page 1. Your email server must be able to accept an envelope sender, which is sometimes not allowed for security reasons.

Copyeditors and layout editors can be disabled on Setup page 4.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby phoenixsunny » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:59 am

while if there is a new user to register,these messege is showed,how can I manage them ?

Warning: mail(): SMTP server response: 550 5.7.1 <bobyz390@hotmail.com>... we do not relay <me@localhost.com> in E:\IJCC_HOST\htdocs\ojs\ojs\classes\core\String.inc.php on line 155

Warning: session_regenerate_id(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at E:\IJCC_HOST\htdocs\ojs\ojs\classes\core\String.inc.php:155) in E:\IJCC_HOST\htdocs\ojs\ojs\classes\session\SessionManager.inc.php on line 209

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at E:\IJCC_HOST\htdocs\ojs\ojs\classes\core\String.inc.php:155) in E:\IJCC_HOST\htdocs\ojs\ojs\classes\session\SessionManager.inc.php on line 193

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at E:\IJCC_HOST\htdocs\ojs\ojs\classes\core\String.inc.php:155) in E:\IJCC_HOST\htdocs\ojs\ojs\classes\core\Request.inc.php on line 33
phoenixsunny

Postby asmecher » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:50 am

Hi phoenixsunny,

It sounds like your local mail server is not allowing mail relaying; you probably need to configure an SMTP server in config.inc.php.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby phoenixsunny » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:46 am

hi,thanks for reply .
But I still have the same problems.

I set the smtp server like below : for the red font,I use a real ID and psw.but the same warning message appeared.
but I do not know the mail system of the ojs.
there should be some email send by system,like some notifications,right ?
ex:there is a new submission,the system can sand an email to Editor.
and each role can send emails to another roles,but different roles use different email address,different smtps,how can this be maneged ?
ex:the editor want to assign a section editor,he want to send the email to the section editor,but the editor use the xxxx@hotmail.com,the section use the xxx.gmail.com,and the system do not know the smtps of hotmail and gmail,also the psw.
So could you talk about the process of the email send and receive of the ojs ?
thanks so much.you have helped me a lot.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Email Settings ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

[email]

; Use SMTP for sending mail instead of mail()
; smtp = On

; SMTP server settings
; smtp_server = icad.kaist.ac.kr
; smtp_port = 25

; Enable SMTP authentication
; Supported mechanisms: PLAIN, LOGIN, CRAM-MD5, and DIGEST-MD5
; smtp_auth = PLAIN
; smtp_username = username
; smtp_password = password

; Allow envelope sender to be specified
; (may not be possible with some server configurations)
; allow_envelope_sender = Off

; Enable attachments in the various "Send Email" pages.
; (Disabling here will not disable attachments on features that
; require them, e.g. attachment-based reviews)
enable_attachments = On
phoenixsunny

Postby asmecher » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:58 am

Hi phoenixsunny,

The ";" at the beginning of the lines you're changing marks those lines as comments. If you want them to take effect, remove the ";"s at the beginning.

The SMTP server is not the same thing as the email address, i.e. if your email address is xxxx@gmail.com, you can't use gmail.com as the SMTP server and xxxx as the SMTP username. Your ISP should provide you with an SMTP server. "Reply-to" addresses for OJS messages are also separate, and for most system emails they'll be set using the primary contact info on Journal Setup page 1. You should also look into the envelope sender option, if your SMTP server supports it; you'll need to enable it in config.inc.php, after which a new setup field for bounce address will appear on Setup page 1.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby phoenixsunny » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:10 am

THANK YOU VERY MUCH~~~THE PROBLEM HAS BEEN SOLVED
phoenixsunny

Return to OJS Technical Support