OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Corporate Author

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Corporate Author

Postby pkpsupport » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:45 am

According to the native.dtd our input data is in the following format, even when the author is a corporate author:

<author primary_contact='true'>
<lastname>University of Stellenbosch. Bureau for Economic Research</lastname>
<email>@</email>
</author>

Google advised us to mention 'corporation' when it is a corporate author. How can I do that?

This is what they harvest:
<contrib contrib-type="corporation">
<surname>University of Stellenbosch. Bureau for Economic Research</surname>
</contrib>

I tried <affiliation> , from our native.dtd, but it did not display on the screen.

Jacobien
pkpsupport

Re: Corporate Author

Postby asmecher » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:31 am

Hi Jacobien,

Do you have a individual author name for that entry (i.e. John Smith, Big Corporation)? If you do, use the Author's full name and the affiliation tag. If the affiliation isn't appearing properly on the metadata page after import, please let me know.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby pkpsupport » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:51 am

Alec

In this case we do not have an author name. These are for example RETAIL SECTOR SURVEY's Published by the Bureau for Economic Research, University of Stellenbosch. In fact they are not real journal articles. I understand if they do not really fit in the OJS model. If I use the affiliation only, it does not appear on the screen.

Jacobien
pkpsupport

Postby asmecher » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:00 am

Hi Jacobien,

For now, you'll have to use a work-around (e.g. putting the corporate name in the author's "last name" field) or customize your installation. We don't currently have plans to include explicit support for this in the next release, but I'll make a note to bring it up for possible inclusion in the following one.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby pkpsupport » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:40 pm

Alec

Thanks, I'll also have that in mind.

Jacobien
pkpsupport

Return to OJS Technical Support