OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Is there any way to change the order of issues created?

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

Is there any way to change the order of issues created?

Postby hilmiapak » Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:55 am

I started to move our journal (http://ojs.turkpediatrikurumu.org) with the last published issue (for example june 2007) and I will enter the journals one by one when I have time. But if I create a new issue in editors section, the last entered issue (for example january 2007) goes to the first rank after published; at start page the index of the older (january 2007) issue is listed. I think the sorting is done by creation order.
hilmiapak

Re: Is there any way to change the order of issues created?

Postby asmecher » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:50 am

Hi hilmiapak,

In OJS 2.1.1 and prior, you need to change publication dates and the "current" flag (which indicates the current issue) manually using MySQL. OJS sorts the issues table by date_published, so ensure that those values are correct. (The next release, which will be OJS 2.2, will have a way to change these dates in the UI.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Re: Is there any way to change the order of issues created?

Postby ramon » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:36 pm

You could create all previous issues and publish them in order (even empty) and populate them later.
This would bybass the database access and SQL statements if you don't know or don't have access.

Not a pretty solution to start with, but users will see the span and be checking regularly to see the updates.
ramon

Return to OJS Development