OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Title field entry having end half cut off.

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Title field entry having end half cut off.

Postby stabb » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:53 pm

Whats the opposite of 'concatenate' I cant remember that word..?? trans...

Hi there mj

Just thought id drop in this post in case its linked to the other somehow.

Im finding that when I use the 'EDIT METADATA' link, half of the entry for the title is lost... but only sometimes..?

e.g For
Code: Select all
 <font class="sub">MAI Review, 2006, 1, Intern Research Report 10</font><br/><br/><font class="title">M&#333;teatea: p&#257;taka whakairinga k&#333;rero</font>

I get
Code: Select all
    <font class="sub">MAI Review, 2006, 1, Intern Research Report

Im not sure when it gets lost, but just now, I submitted the rest of the title and it went in correctly. I tried clicking 'EDIT METADATA' again to see if it got cut off, but it was fine.

Any Ideas?

Cheers
James
stabb

Re: Title field entry having end half cut off.

Postby asmecher » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:45 pm

Hi James,

Did you mention that you've disabled persistent connections? If not, please do so in your config.inc.php file. I'd suggest restarting your web server as well if you're able, just to make sure that's not what's causing the problem. Are you able to duplicate the same erroneous behavior via a consistent set of steps? If so, and if you're willing, please PM me with a temporary login and a set of steps to duplicate the problem.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby stabb » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:46 pm

Hi there Alec

Funilly enough it hasnt happened since.

Still I wouldnt mind if you could temporarilly log in and see could be done.

before hand though 2 questions.

1. The site is now live, would disabling persistent connections affect anything?

2. Also what Roles do you need for a temporary login?

Regards
James
stabb

Postby asmecher » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:47 am

Hi James,

If characters haven't gotten garbled since you last wrote, my suspicion is that the problem stemmed from changed connection settings and persistent connections. It's possible that some of the persistent connections remained with the old configuration while you were testing, and since then they've all expired (which typically happens within a day or so). Keep an eye out for this in the future, but no need to disable persistent connections now.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support