You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Registration for members of the public

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
The Public Knowledge Project Support Forum is moving to http://forum.pkp.sfu.ca

This forum will be maintained permanently as an archived historical resource, but all new questions should be added to the new forum. Questions will no longer be monitored on this old forum after March 30, 2015.

Registration for members of the public

Postby ale » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:16 am

Last question today, I promise!

How do you make registrations open to the general public? I've followed the pdf on http://pkp.sfu.ca/ocs_documentation and created a registration type called "attendee" - so as to create something where you pay to get in but don't have to be a reader, author or member of anything or within any ip range. I also made sure the date says it's already open, and the pdf says registration fields should now be available on the "About the Conference" page - but it's not happening. Any ideas?

Re: Registration for members of the public

Postby asmecher » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:16 am

Hi Ale,

Is the registration type that you've created not selectable on the registration form? If so, it's probably the open and close dates associated with the registration type itself. If, on the other hand, you can't actually get to the registration form, check the Conference Timeline dates to make sure they're set within range.

Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Re: Registration for members of the public

Postby madan » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:52 am

Hi Ale,

I found the same problem when configuring manual payment. In my case registration item is shown is when Registration Information in Registration Policies is filled in combination with manual payment option.

Return to OCS Technical Support