OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

HTML code

OCS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
The Public Knowledge Project Support Forum is moving to http://forum.pkp.sfu.ca

This forum will be maintained permanently as an archived historical resource, but all new questions should be added to the new forum. Questions will no longer be monitored on this old forum after March 30, 2015.

HTML code

Postby dalvimohammad » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:17 am

Hi......
I want to decorate conference system pages ,for this reason I need HTML codes,I want to know that the HTML codes of pages are produced where?....also I know that I can decorate them by CSS folder,but the problem is that the CSS files is so general....
thank you in advance....
dalvimohammad

Re: HTML code

Postby asmecher » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:29 am

Hi dalvimohammad,

If you want to modify the HTML code generated by OCS, you need to modify the Smarty templates in the "templates" directory. If there's a particular template you want to modify, I can tell you where to find it.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby dalvimohammad » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:38 am

hi....excuse me again...
As i told you I traslated OCS to Farsi(persian language).....but I dont know how to make it possible for users to choose their language ...I mean that how can they choose their language via a drop down list...how can I show a drop down list of languages in my first page....and also I have a question about HTML again.....how can I define specific IDs for different tables in html code....where can I define ID for tables because I want to decorate them via CSS file.
thank you very much...
Mohammad Dalvi
Camputer Engineer of Isfahan University(BS).
dalvimohammad

Postby asmecher » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:53 am

Hi Mohammad,

Check out the language settings page both on the Site Administrator and Journal Manager's homes. With these configured properly, a pulldown list will be shown on the sidebar of every page. If you'd like to move the pulldown elsewhere, you can take the pulldown code from templates/common/sidebar.tpl starting with:
Code: Select all
{if $enableLanguageToggle}
...and ending with...
Code: Select all
{/if}
...and move it into another template depending on where you want it to appear.

I'd suggest reviewing the OJS Technical Reference for information on how to find a template given a URL. It's available from the OJS Documentation page on the PKP website.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OCS Development