OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Audio Files

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Audio Files

Postby JCHJW » Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:28 pm

We are looking at this system to publish proceedings from a Musicology Conference. Each resulting article could have 1-2 musical examples.

Is there a way to upload supporting files (audio or graphic) for each article?

I see the Supplementary files section. Where can I read more about it?

Many thanks.
JCHJW

Supplementary Files

Postby ramon » Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:37 pm

JCHJW,

There isn't much else where to read about it. The supplementary files are meant to provide a broader context for the article itself (which could have images, or multimedia content in it) such as results from research, data tables, other documents the author may believe pertinent to provide, but that are not exactly part of the article.

Usually they are the foundation for the article, but they could be the author's resume...

In your case, you may want to create links in the article to those files, or submit them as supplementary files. It's up to you where it would be more useful to you.

I've never submitted an article with multimedia content, only images (pngs, jpgs, gifs), but I believe it won't matter to the system.

Hope this helps...
ramon

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion