OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

OJS on Windows

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

OJS on Windows

Postby henrylo » Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:45 am

I would also like to see if anybody can kindly list their combination of server configuration which proved working perfectly under Windows environment.

I know there is recommened settings in PKP website, but that would be something not preferred because of security issues.

Can anybody please list the server setting that you verified working perfectly under windows environment so that I can try to emulate the same server environment?

Apache:
PHP:
mySQL:
SMTP server:

Apache document root:
Absolute path of OJS :

I would also like to know when could be the release date of any beta/rc version of OJS version 2 because I think version 2 might have better support to modern server environment.

Thanks a lot.

Henry
henrylo

Postby ali » Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:50 pm

Hi henrylo
I think it is better to use Apache2triad that is exist in
http://apache2triad.sourceforge.net/..

This product include the combination of product such as Apache2 - php 5 - MySql 4 and built-in mail server also ftp,... .
I have some experience about configuration for this package.

good luck
ali

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion