You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Email with SMTP on IIS6

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
The Public Knowledge Project Support Forum is moving to http://forum.pkp.sfu.ca

This forum will be maintained permanently as an archived historical resource, but all new questions should be added to the new forum. Questions will no longer be monitored on this old forum after March 30, 2015.

Email with SMTP on IIS6

Postby henrylo » Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:36 am

My platform is:

Windows 2003 IIS6.0
PHP 5.0.0 Win32 (zip)
Apache 2.0.52
OJS 1.18
SMTP in php.ini: localhost

when I want to send an email in the journal via the IIS6 SMTP, it told me
Warning: mail() [function.mail]: SMTP server response: 501 5.5.4 Invalid Address in D:\www\ojsweb\admin\editor\users.php on line 334

When I try to change the SMTP in php.ini to our uni's main email server (using Sun One Messaging Server), it works. BUT, the admin said this is not allowed because I have no logs on outgoing email!

When I try to use a email server called "hermes" which is a free win32 email server, it works. BUT, the admin told me they do not think the email server is secure.

Oh my god.....

Who can kindly bring me out of this hell.....I know this is not the way I should work, but I do really try very hard to understand what is going on, but it simply won't work.......

Please advise.... :cry:

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion