OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

some problems

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

some problems

Postby cffneto » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:56 pm

i have problems with initiated day of articles, its up dating every day, how can i resolv this problem??

i have this link for a file wat doesnt exist, how can i delete this link????

how I place in sequence increasing the foldes of files browser?

when i click in this icon go to the page blow saying at doesnt exist the user. why this???

sorry for the english, i dont speak very well.
cffneto

Postby asmecher » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:59 am

Hi cffneto,

1. Try applying the patch linked at http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=2940 to see if that causes the Initiated date to behave as you'd expect. The Initiated date should be updated whenever a submission's status changes, e.g. it's archived, restored from the archive, moved to a new review round, published, etc.

2. You can delete Supplementary Files on the submission's Editing page under Layout.

3. You can sort file lists in the files browser by applying the patch linked at http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=2941.

4. You can correct the email link on the manager's Profile page by applying the patch linked at http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=2695.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
---
Don't miss the First International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference
July 11 - 13, 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://ocs.sfu.ca/pkp2007/
asmecher

Postby cffneto » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:46 am

tnks i will test these patchs.
cffneto

Postby cffneto » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:20 am

well, they had not functioned. anyone have a sugestion for me, pls.

thanks for the attention.
cffneto

Postby asmecher » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:47 am

Hi cffneto,

Were you able to apply the patches? Which are you having trouble with, and how are they behaving?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby cffneto » Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:12 pm

i apply the patchs in the folder of ojs. simply i dont see any changes.
cffneto

Postby asmecher » Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:02 pm

Hi cffneto,

Could you double-check in particular that the patch for #3 didn't work? If not, could you describe the patch process you used? Check that pages/manager/FilesHandler.inc.php contains a "ksort" function call that looks like this:
Code: Select all
ksort($files);
If it doesn't, the patch wasn't properly applied.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project
asmecher

Re:

Postby arachne » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:01 pm

asmecher wrote:
1. Try applying the patch linked at http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=2940 to see if that causes the Initiated date to behave as you'd expect. The Initiated date should be updated whenever a submission's status changes, e.g. it's archived, restored from the archive, moved to a new review round, published, etc.

Hi - I see the bug you mention was updated July 07 - so this will be good to use with 2.1? I too have the 'Initiate' always reading as today's date.

Would it not make sense to have it read only as the first date it is truly initiated, i.e. read over by an editor or assigned? I can see it being re-set if restored from the archive, but otherwise, shouldn't it mark the total time to publication?

cheers,
arachne
arachne

Re: some problems

Postby asmecher » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:20 am

Hi arachne,

The "initiate" date currently indicates the date at which the current "stage" (i.e. review, editing, etc) was entered, giving some indication of how long the article has been waiting for something to happen. The original submission date is available from the Summary page, which gives an indication of how long the submission has taken to get to the current stage overall.

OJS does track editor assignment dates as well, but they aren't currently displayed via the user interface. If you need this information, it's easy to modify OJS to display it.

That patch should work fine against OJS 2.1.1.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support