OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Questions about OCS - Urgente

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Questions about OCS - Urgente

Postby petolchckny » Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:50 pm

Hi people. I'm sorry about my inglis, because I'm brasilian.

Recently, I download SOAC - Sistema on-line de Apoio a Congressos, that's be a translation of OCS for portuguese. I try to install but I'm somes problems.

I'can send a e-mail for who invite a article. A mensage of warning show:
Warning: mail() [function.mail]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The fifth parameter is disabled in SAFE MODE. in /home/c22212/public_html/soac/include/submitform.inc.php on line 318

Anyone nows how a fix this?

One more time, sorry about the inglis, but no one can help in here.

Thanks
petolchckny

Postby asmecher » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:51 am

Hi petolchckny,

You can work around this problem by removing the fifth parameter from calls to the "mail" function. For example, look at admin/discemail.php near line 107:
Code: Select all
if(!mail("$items[email] ($items[first_name] $items[surname])", "$conference_items[name]", $emailbody, "From: $conference_items[contact_email] ($conference_items[contact_name])$bcc", "-f$conference_items[contact_email]")) {
Remove the 5th parameter to change this to...
Code: Select all
if(!mail("$items[email] ($items[first_name] $items[surname])", "$conference_items[name]", $emailbody, "From: $conference_items[contact_email] ($conference_items[contact_name])$bcc")) {
You'll need to make similar changes in a number of places:
  • admin/discemail.php lines 107 and 140
  • admin/email.php lines 101, 126, 160
  • admin/forgotpw.php lines 71 and 112
  • admin/invitedemail.php line 112
  • admin/revemail.php line 108
  • admin/reviews.php lines 209 and 299
  • addcomment.php lines 101, 108
  • forgotpw.php lines 94, 129
  • registration.php line 157
  • reviews.php line 160
  • include/submitform.inc.php lines 298, 316, 334, 385