You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Template cleanup: issue/header.tpl vs. common/header.tpl

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
The Public Knowledge Project Support Forum is moving to http://forum.pkp.sfu.ca

This forum will be maintained permanently as an archived historical resource, but all new questions should be added to the new forum. Questions will no longer be monitored on this old forum after March 30, 2015.

Template cleanup: issue/header.tpl vs. common/header.tpl

Postby rmichael » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:05 am

I've just noticed the issue pages (e.g. "current.tpl") use their own header.tpl file (several. Unfortunately, regardless of intent, it constructs it's own navbar. (Although almost the entire file is a cut and paste from common/header.tpl.)

I've modified the navbar in common/header.tpl and it's a pain to modify it elsewhere to keep them synchronized. Obviously, I can change our installation, but if this needs to be done in general, I'll send diffs. (I'd be inclined to special case the end of common/header.tpl, displaying the issue oriented header when required. There is only a difference of about five lines in the two files..)

[I haven't looked at 2.2, perhaps this has been changed?]

Postby asmecher » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:05 pm

Hi Richard,

This has already been changed in CVS, and when OJS 2.2 is released, templates/issue/header.tpl will no longer be used.

Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Postby rmichael » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:54 am

Ok, thanks for the news.

Return to OJS Development