OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Restoring a OCS 1.0 for Windows Conference site

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Restoring a OCS 1.0 for Windows Conference site

Postby ll » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:39 pm

Dear All,

I have OCS 1.0 running in production on a Windows Server 2003 box (IP# is xxx.yyy.zzz.237) with software installed in the partiton G: (G: is the Windows drive letter). It is setup as a multiple conference system but with only one conference instance hosted at the moment.

I built another OCS server on another Windows 2003 box (IP# xxx.yyy.zzz.236) with software installed on C: (not G:) - this is going to be a backup for the production server which is now hosting a live conference. This back-up server is also setup as a multiple conference system with the same admin credentials as the production server.

I did a backup from the production server (through the Multiple Conference Manager) and it created just one file named ocs-backup-yyyy-mm-dd.sql. Before restoring this file, I opened it in Windows Notepad and changed the reference to G:// to C:// (one occurrence) and the server ip address from zzz.237 to zzz.236 (again one occurrence). When I restored this file to the backup server (ie xxx.yyy.zzz.236), it gives the following error:

"Backup/Restore Conference Database
Error importing backup file 121
C:\ocs\conference\admin\backup.php CREATE TABLE papers( cf int(11) NOT NULL, id int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, first_name varchar 6 ((*** stuff deleted ***).

I can access the conference which is hosted on the system. However, Papers/asbtracts and Reviewers are missing from the conference site.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Lucky
ll

Postby asmecher » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:51 pm

Hi Lucky,

This is probably a MySQL version incompatibility rather than an OCS bug. Try running the SQL dump directly into the mysql command line tool, e.g.
Code: Select all
mysql -u username_here -p < /path/to/dump_file.sql
It'll tell you where the bug is and provide more information.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
---
Don't miss the First International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference
July 11 - 13, 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://ocs.sfu.ca/pkp2007/
asmecher

Return to OCS Technical Support