OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

"Invalid permissions" message when trying to open

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

"Invalid permissions" message when trying to open

Postby helenw » Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:01 pm

Hello,

Have just starting testing/using the OJS software for the first time and have struck a problem accessing some PDF files. When clicking on a PDF link, I get the error message "Invalid permissions".

I'm finding this strange as it's only happening with some PDF files. I have gone into the set up and compared the settings for accessible PDF's and non-accessible PDF's, and can't see any differences.

Hopefully someone has an explanation...

Regards,

Helen
helenw

Location: Swinburne University of Technology, Melbourne, Australia

Postby kevin » Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:36 pm

Is this through the admin (admin/include/getdoc.php) or reader (include/getdoc.php) part of the system?
kevin

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:39 pm

Through the reader...

Postby kevin » Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:38 am

The problem appears to occur when an article is added to an already published issue that is not the current live issue.

Try this patch:

Code: Select all
Index: admin/editor/publishing.php
===================================================================
RCS file: /cvs/ojs/admin/editor/publishing.php,v
retrieving revision 1.269
diff -u -r1.269 publishing.php
--- admin/editor/publishing.php 12 Dec 2004 21:06:06 -0000      1.269
+++ admin/editor/publishing.php 21 Feb 2005 16:37:17 -0000
@@ -89,9 +89,9 @@
                           // bPublished is not used if we 'Publish By Issue'.  However, if the user switches between
                           // the two scheduling modes while some articles are live, we still want these to be live in the
                           // 'Publish by Article' mode.  So we have to set it as well
-                          $livequery = $db->query("select bLive from tblissues where nIssueID = $fkIssueID[$i]");
+                          $livequery = $db->query("select bPublished from tblissues where nIssueID = $fkIssueID[$i]");
                           $row = $db->assoc_array($livequery);
-                          if ($row["bLive"] == 1) {
+                          if ($row["bPublished"] == 1) {
                              $query = "update tblarticles set fkIssueID = '$fkIssueID[$i]', nOrder = '$order', bPublished = 1, dtDateAssignedIssue = '$today', dtDatePublished = '$today'" . (isset($new_fkSectionID[$i]) ? ", fkSectionId = '$new_fkSectionID[$i]'" : "") . " where nArticleID = '$nArticleID[$i]'";
                           } else {
                              $query = "update tblarticles set fkIssueID = '$fkIssueID[$i]', nOrder = '$order'" . (isset($new_fkSectionID[$i]) ? ", bPublished = 1, dtDateAssignedIssue = '$today', dtDatePublished = '$today', fkSectionId = '$new_fkSectionID[$i]'" : "") . " where nArticleID = '$nArticleID[$i]'";

Note that for any already published articles exhibiting this problem you will need to manually set the bPublished field in the tblarticles table. An SQL statement such as "UPDATE tblarticles set bPublished = 1 WHERE fkIssueID > 0" should be sufficient to catch these.
kevin

Postby Martin Fietkiewicz » Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:55 pm

i'm still unfamiliar with how to apply patches. how do i go about doing so? is there a manual i could read? man pages?
Martin Fietkiewicz

Postby kevin » Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:00 pm

There is a "patch" command on most *nix that can be used to apply patches in unified or other formats.

For a change like this you might as well just apply it manually though. "-" at the beginning of a line means remove that line, "+" means add that line.
kevin

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion