OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

command line

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

command line

Postby spliff » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:10 am

Dear Alec

I realized that I do not have access to the command line for executing "rebuildSearchIndex.php". Is there eventually an alternative?
I tried to execute the following file in the root directory but it did not work...:

Code: Select all
<?php echo exec('~politums/public_html/zwingliana/tools/rebuildSearchIndex.php');
?>

Many thanks
spliff

Postby asmecher » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:43 am

Hi Spliff,

There are work-arounds for most of the tools (i.e. the web-based install and upgrade processes). To launch the index rebuild process from the web, you'll need to comment out the following line in tools/includes/cliTool.inc.php:
die('This script can only be executed from the command-line');
Do not leave this line commented out, as it means all tools are temporarily exposed to possible execution the web!

I'll file a Bugzilla entry requesting a way to remotely rebuild the index, e.g. via the Site Administrator's interface. This generally isn't necessary, as the index is built as articles are submitted, but if you configure the indexing tools e.g. text extraction from PDFs, an index rebuild is necessary to get older content that wasn't previously indexed.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
---
Don't miss the First International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference
July 11 - 13, 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://ocs.sfu.ca/pkp2007/
asmecher

Postby spliff » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:20 am

Hi Alec,

This worked fine. Thank you very much for your help!
I am sorry for bothering you again with the following problem:

When I try to import back issue via xml-import I get this message:

The article "Testartikel" in the section "Miscellen" of the issue "Vol 1, No 1 (1900)" was missing a galley file.

Obviously the reference to the place where the pdf file is stored does not work well. The format of the import file correctly matches the specification (http://pkp.sfu.ca/files/ImportingData.pdf).

I am using an absolute path rather than an URL because of php restrictions of my provider:

<galley>
<label>PDF</label>
<file><href mime_type="application/pdf"
src="/path/to/my/file/00.pdf" /></file>
</galley>

Greetings from Switzerland!
spliff

Postby asmecher » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:29 am

Hi spliff,

Glad to hear the indexing work-around was OK.

The web-based import only allows URLs for security reasons; the command-line import will allow local paths, but since you don't have command-line access, it's not much use. Has your ISP disabled URLs in fopen(...)? Are you getting an error message when you use URLs for galleys? If so, make sure the allow_url_fopen setting in config.inc.php is turned off. If that doesn't work, let me know what message(s) you're getting and I'll see what else I can suggest.

If all else fails, you can also temporarily disable the local vs. remote check in the import plugin, which means you'll be able to use local paths when importing via the web-based tool. To do this, look for the isAllowedMethod function in plugins/importexport/native/NativeImportDom.inc.php, and hard-code it to return true, i.e.:
function isAllowedMethod($url) {
        return true; // Add this line
        $allowedPrefixes = array(
Regards,
Alec Smecher
---
asmecher

Postby spliff » Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:19 am

Hi Alec

Your last suggestion (isAllowedMethod) works perfectly! I am very happy about that and I am approaching
slowly but surely my designated product... :P
Your always competent advice is inestimable!

As you obviously experience daily one question leads to another...
Where there taken any measures following the discussion in http://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?t=353&highlight=abstract ?
My back issues do not include abstracts and I would like to avoid linking to a text like "There is no abstract" or the like.

best regards
spliff

Postby asmecher » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:40 am

Hi spliff,

Thanks! We added an option to the Edit Section page (available from the "Journal Sections" page off Journal Management that disables abstracts. For all articles in that section, the Author will not be prompted for an Abstract, and no Abstract link will be displayed. (However, if a particular article does have an abstract assigned to it, i.e. it was submitted before abstracts were disabled, the link to the Abstract will still be displayed on the Table of Contents until the Abstract is removed.)

If I recall correctly, this feature became available in OJS 2.1.0.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
---
asmecher

Postby spliff » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:45 pm

Hi Alec,

Thank you very much!
I could have seen this by myself, but I still have to learn a lot about OJS...

All my best
spliff

Return to OJS Technical Support