OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

using OJS for various journals

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Postby santy » Fri Dec 19, 2003 10:35 am

Can I use OJS to manage the submission of papers for more than one journal? I mean, can I use “User>Admin>Journal Setup” to setup the details of various journals, and then, manage the submission of papers for any of them from a single interface? Thank you.
santy

Postby ramon » Fri Jan 02, 2004 10:26 am

If I´m not mistaken, as of the current version by our friends John Willinsky and Kevin Williamson, you must install ojs as many times as you have journals.

I believe also that the next version or future ones will allow for one ojs to control many journals.

Lets wait for their reply, but didn´t want you to feel abandoned...
ramon

Postby John » Fri Jan 02, 2004 5:19 pm

Ramon has it exactly. Our next version (2.0) due out in March will manage multiple journals, with shared databases and other features. At this point, you need a copy of OJS running for each journal.
John

RE: using OJS for various journals

Postby santy » Mon Jan 05, 2004 7:03 am

Thank you John and Ramon for your replies.
Unfortunately, during the Christmas/New Year holiday I have made a change to the system that now I am not sure if it will work (unitl now, it seems it is working ok) I am “chitting” and I am using the “sections” as “journals”. Sadly, I cannot wait until March, as I new to launch the new service very soon. I wonder if I will find myself in troubles in the future, for using the sections as journals.

By the way, my best congratulations for the system. It is easy to follow and maintain. Thank you a lot for making it open source. Best wishes for this New Year and the next ones.

All the best and thanks again,

Santy
santy

Translation Of new version

Postby obeiki » Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:27 am

Dears
We are trying to translate OJS in Persian.
Do you recommend to wait for new version or there is not any problem and we can use our translation for new version without hard work?
obeiki

Persian Translation

Postby ramon » Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:29 am

Obeiki,

You might try contacting, through a personal message Ali, who has been working (and I think has finished!) translating OJS to Farsi.

check this post

To create another language set in the system, you must create a Farsi folder, and add it to the language list so the system recognizes it.

You should have no problems with that.
ramon

Postby obeiki » Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:35 pm

Thanks alot Ramon
I think that there is a mistake in our question. I like to know if translate version 1.8, can I use it for version 2 or I must translate v2 again?
obeiki

Postby kevin » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:07 pm

The answer to that question is "yes and no". 2.0 uses a completely different structure for organizing the localization files and there is a lot of new, changed, or otherwise reorganized text. Even with a 1.x localization there will be a non-trivial amount of work required to create a 2.0 localization.

That said, there are many similarities between the 1.x and 2.0 text, so certainly having a pre-existing 1.x translation for reference would speed the process of localizing for 2.0.
kevin

Postby obeiki » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:29 am

Hello Dear
Is there any possibility of having these new version(2.0) texts before dissemination of this version worldwide to speed up our persian translation?
obeiki

Postby kevin » Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:05 am

Although all of our files are available from our public CVS repository, it would not be very practical to work on a translation for 2.0 when the English localization files themselves are still undergoing frequent modifications and reorganization as we develop the system.
kevin

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion