OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Back up OJS Data

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Back up OJS Data

Postby Wanda » Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:06 am

Dear Sir

I trying back up and restore OJS data from FreeBSD Server to Linux Mandrake 9.2 using PhpMyadmin, when finish, every thing seem ok, But when I'm trying Login as administrator.. is failed, and the message is "Your session is expired, Please login again"

would you explained the mistake and help me how to fix the problem

thank you
Wanda

hi

Postby wanda » Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:20 am

Hi, is there any one who could solve my problem, thanks
wanda

Session Expired

Postby ramon » Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:44 am

Wanda,

First of all, we apologize for not answering sooner...

It is difficult to know what exactly went wrong, but here are a couple of things you may check:

1 - User permissions in the server folder (owner must be the same as the apache owner - usually root, or www-data depending on the distribution and permissions - command chown -R 0775 at the root of the system or something like that...)

2 - Check the password salt in the database to see if it is not corrupted

3 - Check server proxy and cache settings. Depending on the server configuration, and if you're on a local network, this may cause this error. Refreshing the window after removing browser cookies, files and history may also work.
ramon

thank you

Postby wanda » Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:01 am

Dear Mr Martin

thank you for helping me to solve my problem, now i have fix the problem
wanda

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion