OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Why can't I "Send submission to scheduling"?

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Why can't I "Send submission to scheduling"?

Postby idiopathic » Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:04 pm

Hi there,
can anyone tell me why the "Send" button at the bottom of this page is grayed out?

Three other screenshots are here:

In case they help.
mohammad
idiopathic

Postby asmecher » Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:46 pm

Hi mohammad,

FYI, you might want to remove those images as they appear to compromise reviewer/author secrecy!

It looks like you're using OJS 2.1.0, which is an outdated release; I'd strongly suggest updating to the current release (which, at the moment, is OJS 2.1.1). There were several problems in OJS 2.1.0 that could result in submissions getting stuck between queues, which appears to be the case for this submission. In this case, the problem appears to be that you haven't recorded an "Accept" decision on the Editor Decision section of the Review page; however, that field is also grayed out, probably because a copyediting version was uploaded before the submission was Accepted.

There are upgrade instructions in each release package in docs/UPGRADE. The process should be painless, as long as you haven't modified your installation heavily -- but as always you should back up your installation before upgrading. If you have modified your installation, I'd suggest using the patch-based upgrade method and running patch with the --dry-run option first to see where your modifications conflict with the upgrade patch.

If you need to un-stick this submission before you get the chance to upgrade, your best bet is probably to manually insert an "Accept" decision into the database. Run something like the following in MySQL:
Code: Select all
INSERT INTO edit_decisions(article_id, round, editor_id, decision, date_decided) VALUES (7, 1, [EDITOR ID HERE], 1, now());
...replacing, of course, [EDITOR ID HERE] with the user ID of the editor who makes the "Accept" decision. If you don't know this user's ID, you can find it using the user's email address:
Code: Select all
SELECT user_id FROM users WHERE email = 'editor@email.goes.here';
...where, of course, this user should be registered as an Editor.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
---
Don't miss the First International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference
July 11 - 13, 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://ocs.sfu.ca/pkp2007/
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support