OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Changing "queued for review" designation?

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

Changing "queued for review" designation?

Postby sjones » Wed May 16, 2007 7:00 pm

Is there a means of changing the "queued for review" designation to something else, like "under review?" It's consistently caused confusion for authors to have a manuscript show up as "queued for review" even when it's under review, as they parse (correctly, I think) "queued for review" to mean that it is awaiting review, that is, it has not yet been sent for review.

Alternately, is there some way to have "queued for review" change to "under review" as soon as reviewers are assigned?

Thank you,
Sj
sjones

Postby asmecher » Wed May 16, 2007 11:45 pm

Hi sjones,

You can change this by editing locale/en_US/locale.xml and looking for the line:
Code: Select all
<message key="submissions.queuedReview">Queued for review</message>
Change this to...
Code: Select all
<message key="submissions.queuedReview">Under review</message>
When it comes time to upgrade OJS to a newer release, either use the patch-based upgrade method (which will preserve many changes) or make sure to re-apply the change to the new installation.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
---
Don't miss the First International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference
July 11 - 13, 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://ocs.sfu.ca/pkp2007/
asmecher

Postby jmir » Fri May 25, 2007 3:43 am

The problem with this is that authors will still be confused as I believe the same message is shown even after the editor has made an initial decision other than reject or decline, i.e. the decision "resubmit for review".
We changed this message to "Under review or awaiting author revision", but obviously (as I mentioned in another thread) this is something which should be separated in future versions, as it causes great confusion among authors.
jmir

Re: Changing "queued for review" designation?

Postby mbria » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:06 am

Sorry to open this post again, but today we arrive to the same point.

As far as we notice, when an article is returned to the author via "Review and resubmit", the author don't see any changes in the article's status.

Although the article is still in the "Queue for review" status, author should be informed that changes are required.

I mean the scenario is completely different if the article is been reviewed by the reviewers or need changes from the author, however the STATUS is still the same.

Is it right or are we talking rubbish?

Cheers,

m.
mbria

Re: Changing "queued for review" designation?

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:05 pm

Hi M.,

You are correct -- this hasn't been implemented yet. I've posted this as a feature request: http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=5368. Please feel free to CC yourself for future updates.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OJS Development