OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Do not index if the first author is different from

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Do not index if the first author is different from

Postby ttrecai » Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:33 am

Hi,

Program does not index the author if the first author is different from the author who submit the atricle

Is there any way to correct this problem
ttrecai

Postby ttrecai » Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:34 pm

Maybe I cant explain the problem because of my bad English

I want to say that:

If the author who logged in the system is the primary contact author of the article there is no problem.
But the primary contact author is different from the logged person the system would not index he/she on the Author Index page.

Can I explain
ttrecai

Postby kevin » Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:59 am

Assuming I understand correctly, I can't repeat the behaviour you describe.

- Submit article as author XXX and make author YYY the first and primary author
- Published article appears on author index under both XXX and YYY
kevin

Post subject: Do not index if the first author is different

Postby frank » Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:13 pm

I have a related question:

As an editor, I am trying to upload pdfs from a previous print journal, to turn them into archives on OJS (I've found this easier than using the XML import script). To do this, I assume I need to sign in as an author, submit the articles, and then sign in as an editor and accept and publish them. I have tried this, but run in to two problems:

1) After submission, I am listed as the first and primary author-- is there any way for my name not to be linked or involved at all with the authoring?

2) In the scheduling queue, I can't get the tab under "Schedule" to list the vol. and issue in which I am trying to publish the article. I have listed the vol and issue in the "Setup" stage, but nothing appears on the "Schedule" page. Is there another place where I can input the vol and issues?

Thanks for your help

Frank
frank

Re: Post subject: Do not index if the first author is differ

Postby kevin » Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:43 pm

1) After submission, I am listed as the first and primary author-- is there any way for my name not to be linked or involved at all with the authoring?

In the article submission form you are allowed to change the author names -- although it defaults to including your (the submitter's) name, there is nothing preventing you from changing this to the real author's name.

2) In the scheduling queue, I can't get the tab under "Schedule" to list the vol. and issue in which I am trying to publish the article. I have listed the vol and issue in the "Setup" stage, but nothing appears on the "Schedule" page. Is there another place where I can input the vol and issues?

If in the scheduling queue you see a "Publish" column instead of a "Schedule" column (the latter has a select menu for the issue), then you are in "publish articles individually" mode. In the setup "Publication Scheduling" settings you can change to publish by issue/volume.
kevin

Postby frank » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:09 pm

If in the scheduling queue you see a "Publish" column instead of a "Schedule" column (the latter has a select menu for the issue), then you are in "publish articles individually" mode. In the setup "Publication Scheduling" settings you can change to publish by issue/volume.[/quote]

Kevin,

I do not see a "Publish" column instead of a "Schedule" column in the scheduling queue. I see a "Schedule" column, but the select menu will not list the vol or issue that I have recorded in the setup "Publication Scheduling." In other words, I am wondering if there is another place (besides in the setup), where I need to record the issue/volume in order for it to appear as one of the selections in the menu under the "Schedule" column in the scheduling queue.

Thanks

Frank
frank

Postby kevin » Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:00 pm

I do not see a "Publish" column instead of a "Schedule" column in the scheduling queue. I see a "Schedule" column, but the select menu will not list the vol or issue that I have recorded in the setup "Publication Scheduling." In other words, I am wondering if there is another place (besides in the setup), where I need to record the issue/volume in order for it to appear as one of the selections in the menu under the "Schedule" column in the scheduling queue.

The values entered in setup are used only to create the initial set of "future issues" the first time the publishing page is loaded. If you wish to change the volume/number/year after the fact, you can reset these values from an issue's table of contenets.
kevin

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion