OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

author revisions not available to copy editor

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Postby waynej » Thu May 10, 2007 9:01 am

I have encountered a problem that has stumped me.
There are three stages of copy editing.
In the first stage, the copy editor reviews the document and uploads it for review by the author.
The author then processes the copy editor's questions and comments and uploads a revised version of the document.
The copy editor should then review this latest revision and submit the final version coming out of the copy edit stage.

We are experiencing a problem with the second step.
The author uploads a revised version of the document and the copy editor is notified but the copy editor cannot see the uploaded document.
Editors can see the author's file but the copy editor cannot.

Do you have any idea why the copy editor cannot see the uploaded document?

Thanks.

Wayne
waynej

Postby waynej » Fri May 11, 2007 7:10 am

Sorry... I've discovered the omission.
The authors had not signaled that their revisions were complete.
Once that was done, the submission becomes available to the copy editor.

Wayne
waynej

Postby jmir » Fri May 18, 2007 7:32 am

This is actually a VERY common usability problem - that authors do not click the COMPLETE link when they are done (also at other functions of OJS) - this is something I am struggling with every day.
This is a usability design flaw which I pointed out elsewhere and I hope will be rectifed in future versions. First, the icon for the COMPLETE link is easily overlooked and it is not intuitively clear for users who are using OJS for the first time (i.e. most authors and reviewers!) that this is a clickable icon in the first place. Secondly, after uploading something, the system must prompt users whether the process is complete or not.

I find myself having to chase users all the time to click COMPLETE, or I have to log in as the user to complete the processes for them.
jmir

Return to OJS Technical Support