OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Subsequent editing rounds

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Subsequent editing rounds

Postby rmichael » Wed May 02, 2007 9:24 am

During the review process, how do I move to the second round of review after an author submits revisions? The OJS in an Hour document doesn't seem to discuss subsequent rounds.

I've tried uploading a second author file and send an e-mail to the corresponding editor and also tried adding a reviewer. None of these things seem to trigger a second round, and I don't see any (obvious) links on the associated pages.

Regards
rmichael

Postby jmir » Wed May 02, 2007 11:51 am

try selecting "resubmit for review"" as editorial decision
jmir

Postby rmichael » Fri May 04, 2007 6:58 am

I had selected "Revisions Required", then as the author uploaded a new version, which (not obviously) requires another editorial decision. The workflow diagram in OJSinanHour could be revised to show one submit/review/re-submit cycle to make this clear.

Thanks.
rmichael

Postby asmecher » Fri May 04, 2007 10:29 am

Hi Richard,

We've had a number of requests to clarify the Author's user interface in this regard; while we probably won't be revising it for OJS 2.2, the following release should make it easier.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
---
Don't miss the First International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference
July 11 - 13, 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://ocs.sfu.ca/pkp2007/
asmecher

Postby rmichael » Wed May 09, 2007 4:03 pm

I'd certainly like to discuss general workflow issues once I have a more thorough understanding of OJS. For example, I already have questions regarding the conceptual thinking behind the two different editorial decisions of "resubmit for review" and "revisions required" and how they behave from a technical / workflow point of view.
rmichael

Postby asmecher » Fri May 18, 2007 11:50 am

Hi Richard,

"Resubmit for Review" begins a new round of reviews, to which a different set of reviewers can potentially be assigned. This is useful, for example, if substantial revisions were required or there was a "hung jury".

The "Revisions Required" decision indicates that a whole new round of reviews is not necessary, and that if the last set of reviewer comments are taken into account, the article is suitable for inclusion. In both cases, a further decision should be recorded -- if a new round has begun, the submission should be accepted or declined at its conclusion; if the "revisions required" decision was recorded, the Editor will wait for the Author to complete his or her changes and then record an "Accept" or "Decline" to override the previous decision.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
---
Don't miss the First International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference
July 11 - 13, 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://ocs.sfu.ca/pkp2007/
asmecher

Re: Subsequent editing rounds

Postby ramon » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:47 am

Alec,

Could you provide step-by-step instructions on how to proceed?
This is not available in OJS in an Hour, at least the one I translated....

After recording de "resubmit for review" decison the editor must send the e-mail, wait for the author to submit a new version, which will then enable the new round? Is this correct?
ramon

Return to OJS Technical Support