OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Memory size exhausted in FileWrapper.inc.php

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Memory size exhausted in FileWrapper.inc.php

Postby sean » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:07 pm

Hi,

I am trying to upload an xml file via the users xml plugin. The file size is 934 KB. Unfortunately I get a blank screen when I try to do the upload. I used
Code: Select all
ini_set('display_errors', E_ALL);
in the index.php file to display the error and this is what I got:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 18874368 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 8193 bytes) in /var/www/html/classes/file/FileWrapper.inc.php on line 81

In the php.ini file, post_max_size is set to 8M, while upload_max_filesize is set to 10M.

Any ideas why I'm getting this error?

Thanks.
sean

Postby rcloss » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:28 pm

Hi Sean,

You'll have to up your PHP memory limit. Have a look at this thread: viewtopic.php?t=670 for more details.

Ryan Closs
Public Knowledge Project Team
---
Don't miss the First International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference
July 11 - 13, 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://ocs.sfu.ca/pkp2007/
rcloss

Postby sean » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:41 pm

Hi Ryan,

Thanks. I had my memory limit at 18M, but upped it 24M upon your suggestion. Now, I'm still getting the white page, but the error message disappears. Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Sean
Last edited by sean on Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sean

Postby sean » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:51 pm

OK I'm getting it to work now after I've upped the memory_limit to 32M! I guess I'll have to take it back down after the import. Thanks for the help!.

Regards,

Sean
sean

Return to OJS Technical Support