OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Problems Uploading

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Postby sean » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:37 pm

Thanks Alec,

That seems to be the problem as when I try to upload a file I now see a "Permissions denied" error. However, I've set the ojs data directory to 777 and still get that error. The error also says that it failed to open the stream for: public/journals/2/homeHeaderLogoImage.jpg. Is "public" the ojs data directory or another directory?

OJS has previously been able to write submitted articles to the data directory, so I'm not sure what's the problem now. Any ideas?

Thanks again
sean

Postby sean » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:50 pm

Ok it seems to be working now that we changed the directory owner to the web server. However it still doesn't allow uploads of css files. Invalid file type error again.
sean

Postby asmecher » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:05 pm

Hi Sean,

You'll have to follow the same process here -- establish whether or not the .css file type is being properly detected. Sometimes the mime magic database will have trouble recognizing .css files that begin with comments; if any comments appear at the beginning of your stylesheet, try removing them.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
---
Don't miss the First International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference
July 11 - 13, 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://ocs.sfu.ca/pkp2007/
asmecher

Postby sean » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:13 am

Hi Alec,

I was able to get the css upload to work by changing the following line in "JournalSetup5Form.inc.php"

Code: Select all
if ($type != 'text/plain' && $type != 'text/css') {return false}

to

Code: Select all
if ($type != 'text/plain' && $type != 'text/plain; charset=us-ascii' && $type != 'text/css') {return false}

Thanks for the help!
sean

Previous

Return to OJS Technical Support