OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Replacing existing galley pdf files

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Replacing existing galley pdf files

Postby Chris_A » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:59 am

Hi,

I would like to replace pdfs that that gone through "the system" and are listed in the TOC with a "stamped" version, which has the publishers's logo on it, plus certain other changes such as live hyperlinks.

To do this I tried replacing the existing pdf by logging on as Editor, goint to the Archives and selecting upload file to Galley.

The problem with this is that the new file is marked application/download not application/pdf, so when I click on it, instead of opening in the browser window, it prompts me to download it to my hard drive.

Is it possible to replace a pdf galley file without deleting the entire issue and reuploading the files using XML upload?
Chris_A

Postby asmecher » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:19 am

Hi Chris_A,

This is probably a PHP misconfiguration that's causing PDFs to be incorrectly identified. OJS uses a few methods to determine file types: first PHP's mime_content_type function, and second the Unix standard "file" tool (if mime_content_type isn't available). Search this forum for mime_content_type for some suggestions; you may have to write a quick test script to determine why PDFs are being incorrectly identifed.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
---
Don't miss the First International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference
July 11 - 13, 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://ocs.sfu.ca/pkp2007/
asmecher

Postby Chris_A » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:32 am

Thanks Alec, I've asked our technical bod to have a look at this.

Chris
Chris_A

Return to OJS Technical Support