OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

COUNTER Statistics: show only own stat to journal manager

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

COUNTER Statistics: show only own stat to journal manager

Postby elbaek » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:22 am

Hi

We have more journals running on the same installation of OJS at Ejournals@cbs. We are very pleased with the COUNTER statistics plugin that has been a great motivator for our journals to be able to se the usage of their journals.

But they are surprise to se that they can se other journals statistics. Benchmarking can be encouraging, but for some of our journals I am affraid it may have the opposit effect.

I would therefore suggest that each journal only has access to their own journal's views.

Best regards

Mikael K. Elbæk
Ejournals@cbs
Copenhagen Business School
elbaek

Postby asmecher » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:53 am

Hi Mikael,

The Counter stats are designed with a multi-journal installation in mind, so counter reports would be of limited use for single journals only. However, Journal Managers shouldn't be able to view the report unless they are also Site Administrators; hopefully that addresses your concern about privacy of journal statistics.

The Counter statistics implementation is something that we're hoping to improve upon in later releases, as time allows, so hopefully we can provide more comprehensive information to individual Managers.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
---
Don't miss the First International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference
July 11 - 13, 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://ocs.sfu.ca/pkp2007/
asmecher

Postby elbaek » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:49 am

Thanks for the reply

Yes that's probably the case. Because I always log in as Site Administrator. Not so worried anymore :)

Although I get the statistics for all journals when I login as another journal manager. But I guess that the Site Administrator role overrules my limitations?

- Mikael
elbaek

Postby asmecher » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:55 am

Hi Mikael,

Sorry, I misread the code -- actually, only Journal Manager status was required. However, I think it's more appropriate that only Site Administrators be given access, so I'll be changing this for the next release; if you want to patch your existing installation with this change, apply http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=2709.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
---
Don't miss the First International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference
July 11 - 13, 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://ocs.sfu.ca/pkp2007/
asmecher

Return to OJS Development