OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Is it actually possible to install this under IIS

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Is it actually possible to install this under IIS

Postby Alistair » Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:08 pm

Hi,

I have tried to run the install.php in Windows with IIS and PHP 4.3.9 and MySQL 4.1.7.

The install script keeps throwing up errors about undefined constants and variables.(see below).

These look to me like PHP programming errors, not like errors with the server or database configuration.

Has anybody had any success installing OJS against IIS with the latest PHP and MySQL version?

Alistair Campbell
JCU

<eg>
Notice: Undefined index: journalLocale in E:\ojs\install.php on line 90

Notice: Constant JOURNAL_TITLE already defined in E:\ojs\locale\en\install.inc.php on line 89

Notice: Use of undefined constant step - assumed 'step' in E:\ojs\install.php on line 140

Notice: Use of undefined constant exists - assumed 'exists' in E:\ojs\install.php on line 515

Notice: Use of undefined constant skip_tables - assumed 'skip_tables' in E:\ojs\install.php on line 515

Notice: Use of undefined constant type - assumed 'type' in E:\ojs\install.php on line 517

Notice: Use of undefined constant host - assumed 'host' in E:\ojs\install.php on line 518

Notice: Use of undefined constant port - assumed 'port' in E:\ojs\install.php on line 518

Notice: Use of undefined constant uname - assumed 'uname' in E:\ojs\install.php on line 518

Notice: Use of undefined constant password - assumed 'password' in E:\ojs\install.php on line 518

Notice: Use of undefined constant pconnect - assumed 'pconnect' in E:\ojs\install.php on line 518

Notice: Undefined index: pconnect in E:\ojs\install.php on line 518
</eg>
Alistair

Postby kevin » Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:56 pm

Those notices do not indicate a problem (other than not following proper PHP programming practices), and can be suppressed by using the default error_reporting level in your php.ini configuration.

That said, I do not know if OJS functions correctly under IIS (though I don't know offhand of any reason why it shouldn't).
kevin

yup... that worked

Postby Alistair » Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:20 pm

Hi, thanks for your advice. I suppressed the PHP messages and away it went. At least the initial part is done and I can now fiddle with look feel and admin.

But, I made an error in the configuration of the site address... I can't find the config file to change that by hand. can you tell me where it is stored in the structure?

Thanks

Alistair
Alistair

Ignore the previous post.

Postby Alistair » Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:25 pm

Thanx. I just re-ran the install and skipped the bits I didn't need.

I'll let you know how it goes on a Windows IIS.

Alistair
Alistair

Postby Gul » Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:45 pm

Hi Alistar,

I am also trying to setup OJS on a windows machine with IIS 6, PHP 5 and MySQL

I was able to install it successfully, ie: the setup process when fine. It created the database/tables etc.

But when it came to logging in to OJS, it failed. I keep getting the message that the page cannot be found.

This is what it says in the URL box:
http://xxx/ojs/login.php?op=login
And for some reason I cannot log on to do anything with OJS.

Hope you have figured out a solution to this.
regards
Gul

Logon issues

Postby Alistair » Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:07 am

Hi Gul,

I haven't had that problem in the way that you are describing. I setup the base URL incorrectly to begin with... so it was missing the core folder... so none of the scripts could be found. It might be worth checking whether your base URL is correct- including the trailing slashes I think.

I would be happy to help so feel free to email me on Alistair.Campbell at(substitute the symbol)jcu.edu.au.

I have to say that it would be worth the effort to get it working as this is an excellent system.

Alistair
Alistair

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion