OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Copy Editing Phases

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Copy Editing Phases

Postby mcampos » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:28 pm

Exists in the OJS 2.x, some form of alter the copy editing process for only one phase?

In the system, the copy edit have 3 phases. The first is executed by copy editor, second by author and third by copy editor again, for give the final version of copy editing.

In the university where I work, the copy editing occurs in only one step. The copy editor execute only one phase, without author interaction, because the author is only present in the phases of process. The author intervention on system is only in the submit process.

Thank you and sorry by poor english.
mcampos

Postby asmecher » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:32 pm

Hi Manoel,

You don't need to run through all the copyediting stages -- you can just move on to layout if you like. If you want to hide the extra steps, though, you'll need to modify a few files:
  • templates/author/submission/layout.tpl
  • templates/copyeditor/submission/layout.tpl
  • templates/layoutEditor/submission/layout.tpl
  • templates/proofreader/submission/layout.tpl
  • templates/sectionEditor/submission/layout.tpl
Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
---
Don't miss the First International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference
July 11 - 13, 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://ocs.sfu.ca/pkp2007/
asmecher

Postby jmir » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:01 pm

I ran into a similar problem. There doesn't seem to be an option to move a copyedited file after step 1 directly to the layout editor.
Grrrrrrrrrr...

asmecher wrote:Hi Manoel,

You don't need to run through all the copyediting stages -- you can just move on to layout if you like. If you want to hide the extra steps, though, you'll need to modify a few files:
  • templates/author/submission/layout.tpl
  • templates/copyeditor/submission/layout.tpl
  • templates/layoutEditor/submission/layout.tpl
  • templates/proofreader/submission/layout.tpl
  • templates/sectionEditor/submission/layout.tpl
Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
---
Don't miss the First International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference
July 11 - 13, 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://ocs.sfu.ca/pkp2007/
jmir

Postby mcampos » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:12 pm

Thank you Alec
mcampos

Postby mcampos » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:18 pm

Gunther, I download the file in the copy editing stage and make the layout version. Then, I upload the new file to layout stage using Transfer button in the layout's page session.
mcampos

Postby jmir » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:55 am

yes, thanks, I guess that's a possible workaround. Future OJS versions should allow to customized the copyediting workflow or to directly move a copyedited version to the layout stage instead of having to down-&upload the paper.
mcampos wrote:Gunther, I download the file in the copy editing stage and make the layout version. Then, I upload the new file to layout stage using Transfer button in the layout's page session.
jmir

Return to OJS Technical Support