OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Erratic archive list and hidden files

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Erratic archive list and hidden files

Postby ytoefy » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:02 am

I am using version 2.1

In my archives, one of the issues [2(3) of 2005] appeared in its own 2005 list. So I had two 2005 lists in my archive, one with 2(1) and 2(2) in and a seperate one with only 2(3) in. I tried to reissue 2(3) in the "create a new issue", but it did not work. As a final solution, I removed all the articles from 2(3) and deleted the issue with the intention of creating a new 2(3).

This is where my second problem comes in. When the articles (5 articles and 3 letters) were moved back to the "unassigned" queue, all 5 of my articles dissappeared. I can see the number indicated in brackets but when I click on it, there is nothing. I tried to look in the schedule queue with no luck. I know that it works because the three letters were successfully moved from the unassigned queue to a new 2(3) issue in the same procedure.

Thank you for your help

Yoesrie
ytoefy

Postby asmecher » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:37 am

Hi Yoesrie,

These are issues that have been corrected with 2.1.1. I'd suggest upgrading, and then we can work through any database inconsistencies that remain.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
---
Don't miss the First International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference
July 11 - 13, 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://ocs.sfu.ca/pkp2007/
asmecher

Postby ytoefy » Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:00 am

My administrator just informed me that we are using 2.1.1. (updated, July 17, 2006)

What now?
ytoefy

Postby asmecher » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:22 am

Hi Yoesrie,

Try the query at http://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5424#5424 and see if you get results. If you do, try the fix further down that thread.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
---
Don't miss the First International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference
July 11 - 13, 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://ocs.sfu.ca/pkp2007/
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support