OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

MySQL messages appearing after upgrade

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Postby Scott » Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:06 pm

I upgraded my Desktop to Fedora Core 6 and now use MySQL 5.0.2 (previously was 4.x). I also use PHP 5.2. For some reason I now get all the sql statements showing up on every PHP page. They take no notice of the reporting level (when Off it just stops the PHP messages coming up but the mysql messages remain). I have no idea what is causing this, the only software other than the OS I changed was MySQL and I also had to manually install the mysql.so RPM since it doesn't come with FC6.

Example messages are:
(mysql): SELECT * FROM site
(mysql): SELECT * FROM journals ORDER BY seq
(mysql): SELECT * FROM roles WHERE journal_id = 0 AND user_id = 1 AND role_id = 1
They appear one the page as per normal PHP messages as though error_reporting was turned on.

Any ideas? As I said all the PHP logging is disabled (which the PHP logging respects but perhaps the mysql plugin doesn't?)
Scott

Postby asmecher » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:29 pm

Hi Scott,

This is the output resulting from the "debug" setting in config.inc.php being set to On.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
---
Don't miss the First International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference
July 11 - 13, 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://ocs.sfu.ca/pkp2007/
asmecher

Postby Scott » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:01 pm

Aaaaaaaaaargh!! I forgot I changed that a couple of days ago when I first upgraded to check MySQL 5 worked ok, then I got distracted for a couple of days so forgot about it. Thank you muchly, apologies for the noise!
Scott

Return to OJS Technical Support