OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

How to enable the authors to edit the Metadata?

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

How to enable the authors to edit the Metadata?

Postby yaliang » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:24 am

Dear Friends,

Yes, I know the authors can edit the Metadata of their submissions. However, it was found that if their papers have been accepted, they are not allowed to edit the contents. Only the editors are able to do that. Does anybody know how to enable this function when the submission is under editing section? Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Yaliang
yaliang

Postby asmecher » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:49 pm

Hi Yaliang,

Here's what you'll have to change:
  • templates/author/submission/metadata.tpl, line 15: Currently the "edit" link is only displayed if the copyeditor has not completed copyediting tasks ($submission->getCopyeditorDateCompleted() is null).
  • classes/submission/form/MetadataForm.inc.php, line 47: The same condition above is applied to the permissions for the edit form.
  • pages/author/TrackSubmissionHandler.inc.php, line 297: The same condition above is applied to the permissionf for the edit
Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
---
Don't miss the First International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference
July 11 - 13, 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://ocs.sfu.ca/pkp2007/
asmecher

Postby yaliang » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:04 pm

Dear Alec,

Thanks for your explanations. By modifying the codes, the authors are able to update the Metadata. However, it was found that the number of line in pages/author/TrackSubmissionHandler.inc.php should be 279, not 297.
I wonder that should I recover the codes to the initial status or keep it open for updating anytime? I think there might be another scenario that if the article has been published (not the copyedited, because the author might want to update it again in the final proofread section), then only the editor or the journal manager can edit the metadata. Is it possible to change that status to that one? It will be much appreciated if you can give me any suggestion to try and test. Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Yaliang
yaliang

Return to OJS Technical Support