OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Error after Installation

Open Harvester Systems support questions and answers, bug reports, and development issues.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
The Public Knowledge Project Support Forum is moving to http://forum.pkp.sfu.ca

This forum will be maintained permanently as an archived historical resource, but all new questions should be added to the new forum. Questions will no longer be monitored on this old forum after March 30, 2015.

Error after Installation

Postby stefan.lorenzkowski » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:01 pm

I installed harvester while looking for a good document management system for our office. I am running XAMPP 1.6.0a with MySQL, Apache and PHP 4 on a WIN XP machine. After installing I received a funny looking page that started like this

Warning: opendir(plugins/postprocessors) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: Invalid argument in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\har\classes\plugins\PluginRegistry.inc.php on line 73

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\har\classes\plugins\PluginRegistry.inc.php on line 74

Warning: closedir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\har\classes\plugins\PluginRegistry.inc.php on line 88

Warning: opendir(plugins/postprocessors) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: Invalid argument in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\har\classes\plugins\PluginRegistry.inc.php on line 73

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\har\classes\plugins\PluginRegistry.inc.php on line 74

Warning: closedir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\har\classes\plugins\PluginRegistry.inc.php on line 88

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\har\classes\plugins\PluginRegistry.inc.php:73) in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\har\classes\template\TemplateManager.inc.php on line 127

At the bottom the page is displayed normally and I could browse normally. Beside this I always get the message that my system is out of ressources (this is xampp problem).

Does anyone know what the problem is? I am a pragmatic computer user with a little knowledge of how the thing works but this I could not figure out.
stefan.lorenzkowski

Postby asmecher » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:32 pm

Hi Stefan,

Some archive utilities (e.g. Winzip) don't create empty directories by default, even though they exist in the archive. Try creating an empty subdirectory in plugins called "postprocessors"; that might clear up the error messages.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
---
Don't miss the First International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference
July 11 - 13, 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://ocs.sfu.ca/pkp2007/
asmecher

Postby stefan.lorenzkowski » Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:22 am

That was the solution. Thanks for the advice!

Regards,

Stefan
stefan.lorenzkowski

Return to Open Harvester Systems Support and Development