OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

calling export as a service

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Postby Scott » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:16 pm

Hi,

Am I able export a journal article or issue by calling the OJS export plugin as a service? For example if I wanted to obtain the journal XML as part of a workflow, if I currently use the URL (e.g. http://ojs-local.anu.edu.au/index.php/h ... ortIssue/6)
this obvously won't work due to permission restrictions. Is there a way to get around this (e.g. by passing some auth details) or how would I go about this?

Scott.
Scott

Postby asmecher » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:00 am

Hi Scott,

There is another category of plugin called the gateway category; this is intended for use as a service. There are two plugins currently shipping in that category: the Google Scholar plugin and the Resolver plugin. The best way to make an export plugin run as a service is to write a simple gateway plugin as a wrapper for it; look at the READMEs and the code in each gateway plugin's directory for more information.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
---
Don't miss the First International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference
July 11 - 13, 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://ocs.sfu.ca/pkp2007/
asmecher

Postby Scott » Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:29 pm

Yes, did a quick test and having export as a gateway plugin works a treat. Cheers.

Scott.
Scott

Return to OJS Technical Support