OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Search problem... Page 2 and beyond missing in results.

Open Harvester Systems support questions and answers, bug reports, and development issues.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome.

Search problem... Page 2 and beyond missing in results.

Postby bdgregg » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:38 pm

When using the form search
harvester/index.php/search
and filling in a term in any of the boxes, clicking on the search button viewing the first 25 items of 500 is fine. But when you go to page #2 there are no results. It seems to have lost it's query when you goto page #2. This is the same no matter what text box is filled in.

At the time we were harvesting a site. Would this matter? If so, does this mean we can't harvest while users are using the system as this would not return valid results for the users. If this doesn't matter is there a known fix for this issue?

Software was downloaded and installed on 1/29/2007 version 2.0.1.0.

PS. This also is proven on your Demo site. A Search for "africa" in the title will return results, but page 2 of the results is blank.

Thanks.
bdgregg

Postby bdgregg » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:49 pm

Alec,

Checked your demo site again using Firefox 2.0 and IE 7.0 from my Windows XP system as well as Mozilla 1.7 from my Sun Solaris system page #2 still returns ">> No Results" your demo results Page #1 indicates that there are 500 items.

I also just had a co-worker try it from his system that has never visited your site before and he had the same problem, he's using firefox as well.

I tried your suggestion and it still reports "No Results" on page #2 here as well.

Is there any patches that need to be applied on top of the 2.0.1.0 installation?

Thanks,
Brian.
bdgregg

Postby asmecher » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:00 pm

Hi bdgregg,

Please try the patch at http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=2631 and report your results back here.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
---
Don't miss the First International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference
July 11 - 13, 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://ocs.sfu.ca/pkp2007/
asmecher

Postby bdgregg » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:26 pm

Alec,

Yes that Patch did solve the problem.

Our site now works fine as I also now see so does the demo site.

Thanks,
Brian Gregg.
University of Pittsburgh
University Library System
7500 Thomas Blvd
Room 129
Pittsburgh PA 15208
bdgregg

Return to Open Harvester Systems Support and Development