OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

DOAJ IMPORT/EXPORT FAILS UPLOAD FILE

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

DOAJ IMPORT/EXPORT FAILS UPLOAD FILE

Postby anllosa » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:50 am

Hi,

We are trying to use DOAJ Export plugin on OJS 2.4.4-1 ,

We aplied last bugs published in stable version.

We have checked several times Xml file with DOAJ native XML, and a priori seems correct (include publicationDate and issn ,eissn)

Head of file xml.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<records xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://doaj.org/static/doaj/doajArticles.xsd" >

Can help us?

DOAJ team said us: "If you are trying to upload a file that was automatically generated by the OJS DOAJ plugin, then they should contact their OJS contact for help first.
"
anllosa

Re: DOAJ IMPORT/EXPORT FAILS UPLOAD FILE

Postby asmecher » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:38 am

Hi anllosa,

You haven't described the problem -- is the DOAJ upload not accepting the file? Is there an error message?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby anllosa » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:10 am

Yes , DOAJ not accepting

message->DOAJ Native XML processing failed All articles in file failed to import.

REgards,
anllosa

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:58 am

Hi anllosa,

I'm working with the DOAJ folks on this plugin; can you send me a copy of the XML file you've exported, either as an attachment here or directly to jmacgreg@gmail.com?

cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:26 am

Hi Andres,

Thanks for sending me your file. Can you try the following steps:

1. Change this line:

<records xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://doaj.org/static/doaj/doajArticles.xsd" >

To this:

<records>

2. If that doesn't help, try removing the "-"' from your ISSN and EISSN numbers.

Please confirm whether either of those steps help, in which case I will write a patch. If they don't help, please let me know and I will continue troubleshooting.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby anllosa » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:12 am

We have tried, what you provided us, and continues to deny DOAJ file upload with the same error message

Follow instructions waiting for

a greeting
anllosa

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:28 pm

Hi Andres,

Unfortunately, I'm at a loss now. The XML file you sent me is well-formed and valid against the schema file; it also appears to include all required information (eg. publisher, ISSN, etc.). So at this point I really can't say what the problem is, and I think you'll have to approach DOAJ again. If/when you do, please do feel free to include me in any email correspondence; I am happy to work with them directly if there is anything further required on the OJS side.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby pranggio » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:50 pm

Hi James,

I have the same problem uploading the XML of my articles to DOAJ. The message I get is "File could not be validated against a known schema; please fix this before attempting to upload again".

I have attached the XML file. Could you please check whether it is good or not and suggest any changes?

Thanks a lot.
Pranggio
Attachments
journal-1(1).xml
(412.42 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
pranggio

Postby jmacgreg » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:42 pm

Hi pranggio,

Are you using an up-to-date version of OJS? The file appears to be well-formed and valid to me, and it appears to include all the required elements. I'd double-check that your version is up to date, and if the problem still persists, try contacting the DOAJ for further advice. My understanding is that they are updating the way they handle incoming content, so things may be fluid on their end.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby pranggio » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:43 am

Hi James,

I am using the latest version of OJS. I just tried to upload the file again, but the result was the same error message as before.
I am uploading the file DOAJ Native XML, which they provide for publisher to properly format their data.

Could you please check whether this file and files created by OJS match the format?

Thanks a lot,
Pranggio
Attachments
doajArticles.zip
(1.21 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
pranggio

Return to OJS Technical Support