OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Unable to assign a submission to the copyeditor

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Unable to assign a submission to the copyeditor

Postby yaliang » Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:18 am

Dear Friends,

I have a problem to assign the submission to the copyeditors. After I followed the instructions in OJSinanHour (p.100) to select and send an edited version to the copyeditor, I got the similar EDITING page as shown in Figure 114 (OJSinanHour p.101). And there have been two copyeditors enrolled.
However, in our system (v2.1.1), the hyperlink (ASSIGN COPYEDITOR) to select the copyeditor was disappeared. Is there anybody can tell me which file to check and fix this problem?
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Yaliang
yaliang

Postby asmecher » Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:02 pm

Hi Yaliang,

Have you enabled the copyeditor role in Journal Setup? If this role is disabled, the Assign link will not be displayed.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
---
Don't miss the First International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference
July 11 - 13, 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://ocs.sfu.ca/pkp2007/
asmecher

Postby yaliang » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:08 pm

Dear Alec:

Thanks for your help. The problem has been solved.
Sorry, I got one more question about the publication. If an article has been published in an issue (current or achieved), is it possible to replace the original file by uploading a new gallery file in the EDITING page? Or should I edit or replace the file located in the specific folder?
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Yaliang
yaliang

Postby asmecher » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:58 am

Hi Yaliang,

Even if an article has been published, the Editor can still modify the galleys.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
---
asmecher

Postby yaliang » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:52 pm

Dear Alec,

Thanks a lot. I guessed so, too. However, when I replace the Html file on a test server (OJS will replace the original one [4-21-10-PB.htm] with the new file with a new file name, such as 4-21-11-PB.htm), there was a blank page when the article (Html format) was browsed.
Could you help me to figure out the solution for this problem? Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
Yaliang
yaliang

Postby asmecher » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:13 pm

Hi Yaliang,

Odd; try enabling PHP error messages, e.g. ini_set('display_errors', E_ALL), to find out if there's a message that might help. When you say "blank page", do you mean entirely blank, or do you mean an OJS page without any contents in the main part of the page?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
---
asmecher

Postby yaliang » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:41 pm

Dear Alec,

I did not quite understand how to enable and read the error message of PHP. If the display_errors is shown as On in the phpinfo() page, does it mean the function has been enabled?
The problem of blank page is referred to the absent of gallery file (Html). The other parts of the webpage are OK. In the main column, only the header (such as Home > Vol 1, No 1 (2007) > Author) was shown.

Yaliang
yaliang

Postby asmecher » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:21 am

Hi Yaliang,

OK, if the OJS parts of the page look OK, it's probably not a PHP error message. It might be file permissions or an HTML problem. Look at the source XHTML generated on the article's page and see if its HTML is included at all; if it is, you might need to correct the article HTML. If it's not, use the Journal Manager's Files Browser to find the article's HTML and see if you can access it that way. If not, it's likely a file permission problem.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
---
asmecher

Postby yaliang » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:19 am

Dear Alec,

In the page source, it was found that the Html file was not included. It is empty in the division of Content (<div id="content"></div>). However, the Html file was able to be downloaded in the LayoutEditing or the Journal Manager's Files Browser. Therefore, it's not likely a file permission problem, is it?

Best Regards,

Yaliang
yaliang

Postby asmecher » Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:58 pm

Hi all,

This appears to have been a platform problem involving PHP 5.2's UTF-8 support on Windows. It was preventing the preg_replace_callback function from working properly. If anyone else runs into the same problem, please post here with details.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
---
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support