OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Documentation for "OJS will not be used to publish journal"

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Documentation for "OJS will not be used to publish journal"

Postby timelf » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:54 pm

I can find nothing that explains this option in Setup Step 4.1: "OJS will not be used to publish the journal's contents online." If this option is chosen, what happens or doesn't happen? Please, someone from PKP, provide the explanation that is missing in the documentation.

Our journal will be hosted on our website, but we will use OJS as the backend CMS. We will be feeding metadata (when manually synched) and grabbing PDF files of articles when they are requested by readers on our website from OJS. I have built the first issue and will be building over 25 years worth of back issues. If I chose the above option in 4.1, will there be any difference from my built but not published issue? In other words, is there any difference besides public availability/indexing? We are currently able to link directly to the PDF files in our unpublished issue in OJS: will publishing the issue make any difference?
timelf

Re: Documentation for "OJS will not be used to publish journ

Postby asmecher » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:09 pm

Hi timelf,

The difference is that the website won't offer access to published content; the "Current" and "Archive" links will not be visible, and browsing and searching will be disabled. The workflow isn't affected at all.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Re: Documentation for "OJS will not be used to publish journ

Postby rigas » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:21 am

Hello timelf,

We use OJS for reviewing as you do. And we do not publish on the server where OJS is installed, as you do. We publich the journal on a editors French portal called CAIRN
http://www.cairn.info/revue-anthropolog ... sances.htm

I have not been able to link from OJS "table of contents" of "published" (in fact, prepared) issues back to the public website.
How do you do this?

Best

Rigas
rigas

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion